The Renaissance Center is a historic structure built originally in 1907 as the Junior High School for the City of Jackson. It sat unoccupied for a number of years and then fell victim to the devastating tornado that hit downtown Jackson in May of 2003. Several parts of the building were left completely devastated and the city planned to demolish the remaining structure. John H. Allen Company invested in the building and plans to renovate this treasured community building began.
Loft-style apartments were designed for the second and third floors with large windows and high ceilings with exposed ductwork. Office lease space is located on the first floor of the building. Existing features and memorabilia were maintained throughout the building such as archways, exposed brick and graffiti left behind by students from building’s past as a high school. Secured entry and fenced in parking are provided for the residents of the Renaissance Center.