- Bachelor of Science Degree, Lambuth College / Jackson, TN
- Master of Education - Educational Administration & Supervision, University of Memphis / Memphis, TN
- Additional Post Graduate Hours From: University of Tennessee / Knoxville, TN Cumberland University / Lebanon, TN Middle TN State University / Murfreesboro, TN
Buddy joined TLM in July of 2013 as an Educational Specialist after his retirement as the Director of Schools in the Jackson- Madison County School System. As Director of Schools, he was responsible for all aspects of that organization, which included the facilities on 27 different campuses across Madison County, Tennessee. Before being named the Director of Schools, he served as the Director of Operations over Budget and Facilities for the system, reporting directly to the previous Superintendent.
Other supervisory positions he has held in the educational field include: High School Principal, Elementary School Principal, and Transportation Supervisor. His administrative career was preceded by 22 years as a classroom instructor of science in both traditional and vocational academic settings. Before entering public education, Buddy worked as a property insurance claims representative for Tennessee Farmers Mutual Insurance Companies in the West Tennessee Office.
- Prior to joining TLM in 2013, he worked for 33 years in public education, many of those in positions of responsibility over educational facilities. Buddy works with the design team on educational projects to study the design based on the perspective of an administrator and educator. He plays a vital role in developing spaces that are not only beautiful, but functional and easy to maintain.
- Buddy has been involved with the following projects recently:
- Supervised 27 facilities with JMCSS as Director of Schools
- Northeast Middle School Academy Renovations
- Trinity Christian Academy - Classroom Addition
- Trinity Christian Academy - Campus Master Plan
- Lakewood School Tornado Shelter Retrofit
- McKenzie Elementary School Office Addition
- Henry School Tornado Shelter Retrofit
- Harrelson School Tornado Shelter Retrofit
- Council of Educational Facility Planners International Tennessee Organization of Retired School Superintendents
- The Star Center, Board of Directors
- RIFA, Board of Directors
- Browns United Methodist Church
- Volunteer - Nova Elementary